I am back in business! For those of us living in New York City, it feels like there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel. Monday marks the beginning of Phase 2, and I’ll have all the details about what this means for your pandemic portrait session in today’s blog post.
It’s been a long journey to get here, and I’m so pleased that New York City has been able to keep its COVID-19 numbers in check. While weddings and indoor events won’t be happening until Phase 4, outdoor portrait sessions can now take place. (As I mentioned in my post about COVID-19 wedding planning, Phase 4 most likely won’t take place until August.)
It’s a new world, and new precautions need to be taken. The health and safety of my clients is my number one concern, so that means keeping a mask on during the entire session and maintaining a safe distance from my clients. Right now I am limiting my portrait sessions to outdoor, environmental photo shoots, but with the great weather we’ve been having, that’s not a problem at all.
I have my first engagement session scheduled for July 17 at the Vanderbilt Museum and Planetarium on Long Island. Aside from me wearing a mask and maintaining a safe distance, I don’t see my photo sessions going any differently. As a hugger, I’ll admit it is very weird not to warmly greet my clients when I meet them for the first time. But other than this, things should be relatively the same.
Neighborhood Discount —
Forest Park One-Hour Portrait Sessions for $300
So with that positive note in mind, I wanted to remind everyone of the neighborhood discount I offer. My portrait sessions are normally a minimum of an hour and a half long for $450. But for anyone who would like to have their photo taken in Forest Park, I can be more flexible with my time. I’m offering an hour session for $300. This includes the same great perks as in my longer portrait sessions:
- A pre-shoot consultation, during which I work with you to develop a shot list and help you with what to wear, posing strategies, and location suggestions
- No limits on the number of photos taken: on average, 50-75 photos delivered for every hour of portraiture
- Post-production editing and color correction for all images, including minor blemish removal Images include personal-use print release; no watermarks ever
- Digital files delivered in three different formats: low-resolution for online use, high-resolution color, and high-resolution black and white
- An online, password-protected gallery to conveniently share your photos and order prints
- The best 20+ images are ready to view within 48 hours and will be posted online for you to share
- Final delivery of all edited images within four weeks’ time (five weeks for any portraits taken in Sept/Oct/Nov)
- All images are delivered in JPG format via digital download
Forest Park is a fantastic location, and offers a variety of backgrounds. Take a look at some of my past family photo shoots including Anisa and Aldo, Melissa and Brian, and Melanie and Jalani.
Sunday marked the first day of summer, and since most of us aren’t going to be taking a grand holiday anywhere, you might as well use your ‘staycation’ time to get that holiday card portrait out of the way. Get out there and enjoy your freedom, New Yorkers!
Schedule your session now before the heat and humidity begins! Drop me a line, and let’s talk about getting your family together for a pandemic portrait session.
If you would like to see more images from my family portrait portfolio, then please visit my website — KellyWilliamsPhotographer.com