I am so happy to introduce you to Michelle and Michael, whose lovely Alger House wedding portraits I recently photographed. Michelle is a thoroughly modern DIY bride who — like most of us — loves the online lifestyle. Case in point, she and Michael met online. It’s only fitting then that Michelle did most of her wedding planning online, and found everything she could ever need on Etsy. And I’ve got all the digital details of her wedding planning for you in this week’s blog post!
Every detail of this intimate wedding was designed and coordinated by Michelle. Michelle focused on including unique details that reflected her and Michael’s elegant, artistic tastes. From the vintage-inspired, engraved wedding cake silverware, to the personalized coloring books — no detail was overlooked.
Furthermore, Michelle incorporated two fun DIY projects into her wedding: the first was to create personalized pens with her wedding colors using moldable clay. These pens were given to guests to use with their ‘mad libs.’ The second project was to create thank you packets of homemade cookies for guests to enjoy when they left the wedding. Michelle simply bought craft bags and ribbon separately at a craft store, then attached the ribbon to the bag using a hole puncher. She used thank you tags and a customized monogram stamp to finish the bags, which she found on Etsy. The packets included such tasty flavors as chocolate chip walnut, dark chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, and dark chocolate peanut butter cup. Guests adored the homemade touch.
Enjoy the photos!
- Ceremony and reception venue: The Alger House
- Dress – Kleinfeld Bridal
- Bridal accessories (hair sash, bracelet and earrings) – Etsy, Lavender by Jurgita [2020 edit: closed]
- Shoes – Ballasox ‘Prince’ Ballet Flat [2020 edit: closed]
- Make up – Dwayne, Gotham Beauty Lounge [2020 edit: closed]
- Florist – Gabrielle Aronas, G! Designs
- Guest Book ‘Tree’ – Etsy, Peachwik
- Broom – Etsy, Winter Finds
- Bouquet charm – Etsy, Susabella
- Catering – Green Mansions Catering, The Alger House
- Cake – Momofuku Milk Bar (apple pie flavor!)
- Engraved silverware for cake cutting – Etsy, Angelorian Tradition [2020 edit: closed]
- Personalized cake topper – Etsy, Enamor Weddings [2020 edit: closed]
- Napkins – Etsy, Indie Napkins LLC [2020 edit: closed]
- Personalized guest ‘mad libs’ – Etsy, Lindsay Lee Designs
- Personalized pens – DIY craft project using moldable clay
- Personalized coloring books for children – Etsy, Sugar Pie Studios [2020 edit: closed]
- Crayon packet for children –
- Customized sticker – Etsy, partyINK [2020 edit: closed]
- Pillow box for crayons – Etsy, Wish Design Studio
- (Michelle purchased the crayons separately)
- Cookies – Levain Bakery
- Cookie bags – Michelle purchased the craft bags separately. She used a hole punch and ribbon bought separately at a craft store.
- Thank you tags for cookie bags – Etsy, Nice Package Design [2020 edit: closed]
- Custom monogram stamp – Etsy, Studio G Designs (Michelle used this monogram stamp in a few places throughout the wedding)
- DJ – DJ Center
Interested in seeing more Alger House wedding photos? Then check out images from Rebecca and Mossimo’s wedding here, or Jingle and Huang’s multicultural wedding here.
Are you planning your wedding now? Drop me a line and let’s talk about your photography needs.
If you would like to see more images from my wedding photojournalism portfolio, then please visit my website — KellyWilliamsPhotographer.com.