I may still be in the land of paradise (a.k.a. Florida), but that doesn’t mean I’m not busy behind the lens. Check out these new Tampa modeling headshots I did today with Kala at Plant Park. Located next to the University of Tampa, Plant Park is by far one of the most popular spots in Tampa to host photo shoots. While I was there this past Saturday checking it out there was a wedding and a quinceanera both vying for the best locations. Today I shared the park with another photographer who was there to shoot a little boy’s first birthday. Plenty of room for all of us!
If you are an actor or model and need a new headshot, I have on key piece of advice: let the real you shine through. Your headshot is usually your first – and usually ONLY – impression for casting agents. How you look in your photo is how the entertainment industry will define you.
A solid headshot can work wonders: to get the audition you want, it all comes down to looks. But no one likes the bait and switch. This is why it is imperative that your headshot looks exactly like the real you. Authenticity is convincing, and especially for actors and models, your headshot should be spot on for any casting director, agent, or manager’s expectations. If your headshot look says leading lady but in reality you project a character actor, then your headshot and your role are out of alignment.
A photo session can go by amazingly quick, so to get the most value for your time make sure that you have considered these questions thoughtfully:
- How would others describe your personality?
- What types of roles are you auditioning for?
- Is there a working actor who is playing the types of roles you want to play? How does this actor look?
- What are the adjectives to describe the perfect character for you to play?
- Is there a specific look you want to go for in your headshot?
- What TV show, or type of TV show, would you like to be on?
- If you were in a commercial, what products would you sell?
- What do you want your headshot to say about you?
While you should never photograph yourself as a carbon copy of someone else, you can definitely take the current look that casting agents are buying and make it work for you in a unique fashion.
Do you need new Tampa modeling headshots? Drop me a line and let’s talk about your photography needs.
If you would like to see more images from my portfolio then please visit my website — KellyWilliamsCorporate.com.