I am so happy to introduce you to Michelle and Michael, whose lovely Alger House wedding I recently shot in NYC. Like most of us, this couple met the modern way…online. And after a blossoming romance, Michelle said OK to cupid this past New Year’s Eve when Michael popped the question to Michelle on the roof of their apartment building.
Every detail of this intimate wedding was designed and coordinated by Michelle. Michelle focused on including unique details that reflected her and Michael’s elegant, artistic tastes. From the vintage-inspired, engraved wedding cake silverware, to the personalized coloring books, no detail went overlooked.
Furthermore, Michelle incorporated two fun DIY projects into her wedding: the first was to create personalized pens with her wedding colors using moldable clay. These pens were given to guests to use with their ‘mad libs.’ The second project was to create thank you packets of homemade cookies for guests to enjoy as they left the wedding. Michelle simply bought craft bags and ribbon separately at a craft store, then attached the ribbon to the bag using a hole puncher. She used thank you tags and a customized monogram stamp to finish the bags, which she found on Etsy. The packets included such tasty flavors as chocolate chip walnut, dark chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, and dark chocolate peanut butter cup. Guests adored the homemade touch.
Here are the details on the wedding:
Ceremony and reception venue: The Alger House, NYC (www.ManhattanPenthouse.com)
List of Vendors:
- Dress – Kleinfeld Bridal (www.KleinfeldBridal.com)
- Bridal accessories (hair sash, bracelet and earrings) – Etsy, Lavender by Jurgita (www.etsy.com/shop/LavenderByJurgita)
- Shoes – Ballasox ‘Prince’ Ballet Flat (www.barefoottess.com)
- Make up – Dwayne, Gotham Beauty Lounge (www.GothamBeautyLounge.com)
- Florist – Gabrielle Aronas, G! Designs (www.GabrielleAronas.com)
- Guest Book ‘Tree’ – Etsy, Peachwik (www.etsy.com/shop/peachwik)
- Broom – Etsy, Winter Finds (www.etsy.com/shop/WinterFinds – this shop sells random vintage items)
- Bouquet charm – Etsy, Susabella (www.etsy.com/shop/Susabellas)
- Catering – Green Mansions Catering (www.ManhattanPenthouse.com)
- Cake – Momofuku Milk Bar (apple pie flavor!) (www.MilkBarStore.com)
- Engraved silverware for cake cutting – Etsy, Angelorian Tradition (www.etsy.com/shop/AngelorianTradition)
- Personalized cake topper – Etsy, Enamor Weddings (www.etsy.com/shop/enamorweddings)
- Napkins – Etsy, Indie Napkins LLC (www.etsy.com/shop/IndieNapkinsLLC)
- Personalized guest ‘mad libs’ – Etsy, Lindsay Lee Designs (www.etsy.com/shop/lindsayleedesign)
- Personalized pens – DIY craft project using moldable clay
- Personalized coloring books for children – Etsy, Sugar Pie Studios (www.etsy.com/shop/SugarPieStudio)
- Crayon packet for children –
- Cookie bags – Michelle purchased the craft bags separately. She used a hole punch and ribbon bought separately at a craft store.
- Thank you tags for cookie bags – Etsy, Nice Package Design (www.etsy.com/shop/nicepackagedesign)
- Custom monogram stamp – Etsy, Studio G Designs (www.etsy.com/shop/studioGdesigns) (Michelle used this monogram stamp in a few places throughout the wedding)
- DJ – DJ Center (www.PushTheFader.com)
To view more recent photos, such as that of Michelle and Michael’s Alger House wedding, please visit my website.